- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice, ground
- 1/2 cup Margarine, room temperature (I used Earth Balance, a soy free natural buttery spread)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 3 Bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped (I left this ingredient out)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine Almond Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar (set aside).
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and Allspice.
- In another bowl, combine the margarine and sugars. Add bananas, vanilla and milk-vinegar mixture.
- Take your moist ingredients and add to the flour mixture. (If you want nuts in your mixture add them here)
- Pour batter in loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes. (until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean)
- Let cool for 15 minutes, transfer the bread onto a plate, let cool before slicing. (I find that banana bread is more moist and tastes better the next day)
Please check out more great recipes at Madhuram's Eggless Cooking blog. I am now a firm believer in eggless cooking and can't wait to try more of her yummy recipes!