I don't have kids but I can only imagine how hard it is to get them to eat their fruits and veggies. Smoothies are a great way to mask the taste of eating the fruits and veggies you don't like. This tutorial is very versatile, add a carrot to this smoothie and your kids will never know it is in there. I hate pineapple for example, but I barely taste it because of all the other ingredients that stand out more to my taste buds!
- Orange Juice (I use Trop 50)
- Add other ingredients like carrots, bananas, celery etc.
- Chop up ingredients as you would if you were making a fruit bowl
- Take small plastic baggies and place a variation of the ingredients inside
- Place in freezer and let freeze
- Put frozen fruit contents in blender. Depending on the size of the blender determines how much Orange Juice you will put in. I use a small Magic Bullet Blender so I put in a half a cup Orange Juice. If you want the smoothie thicker use less OJ, if want less thickness use more.
- Blend contents
- Pour out and serve
Add juice to frozen contents in blender
What is great about this homemade smoothie is that you can have them pre-made. All you have to do is whip out the frozen bag of fruit and some OJ and you are set to blend! How simple, tasty and easy!
Parties I am linking to