April 20, 2012

Easy and Adorable Wreath Tutorial

 
I am guilty of following and adoring the latest Pinterest craft trends, but there's nothing wrong with that!  I have recently found so much inspiration to make a wreath with felt flowers that I finally decided to make one for my Aunt's blue front door in anticipation for Mother's Day.  I used Beth's adorable wreath from her Home Stories A to Z blog as my inspiration:


So here is my easy and adorable wreath tutorial (did not even try to make that rhyme!).

Supplies Needed:
  • Hot glue gun and hot glue
  • Scissors
  • 9x12 Felt sheets
  • Any other embellishments

Step 1: Make the felt flowers and leaves.  I found a great tutorial for how to make the felt flowers here.  I chose to do two-toned flowers and solid-colored flowers for this wreath.

Step 2: Arrange the flowers and other embellishments to the wreath.


Step 3: Hot glue the flowers and embellishments to the wreath.

Step 4: Hang up and enjoy!


This project cost me a total of $6 and some change.  I purchased everything at Michaels craft store with my 40% off coupon.  This project is such a fun and easy way to update your front door!

I'm linking up here:

4 comments:

  1. I love this wreath - especially your choice of blues! The little bird is a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tisha! Thanks so much - it was really fun and SO easy to make : )

      Delete
  2. Wonderful project! I just moved into a studio apartment and looking to decorate with plants, quilts, etc to liven up the place. Would love if you could post a video to supplement this guide though as I know many people are visual learners. Not an ad but i think people would benefit from the site in my URL. I found some great material to help with this project. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops i guess it didn't show... Here you go

      Delete

The twins love comments! And because you took the time to write, we try our best to respond to everyone's comments individually.