January 8, 2012

Tackling Small Spaces

This weekend I decided to tackle my bathroom closet. As you can see I don't have much to work with. It is an awful sight! Not only did it need to be organized it had to be cleaned as well. So I lugged out the vacuum cleaner and my Mrs. Meyer's All Purpose Cleaner (lavender scent). Only I would get cleaning products for my birthday (Thank you Caroline!). Mrs. Meyers is amazzzzingggg, not only are their products cruelty-free they also smell delicious (so you don't have that sick feeling when you're cleaning).

Here is a picture of my beautiful, spacious bathroom closet......NOT!



In order to make the most of this space I purchased baskets from Marshalls. The large basket has all of my towels in it. And the small is my go - to basket. It has everything in it that I may need when I get ready in the morning (hot iron, makeup bag, blowdryer etc.). The clear drawer bin below has misc. bathroom supplies in it. I could easily fit another clear bin inside (but that would require buying more stuff). When shopping we apartment dwellers always ask ourselves - Do I have room to put this in my apartment? And the answer most of the time is - No. With not much space to work with I think my bathroom closet is functional. So when organizing small spaces always go for functional baskets and bins to put items in. You will find that it is not only easier to find your stuff but it looks nice too!


Here is the Mrs. Meyers All Purpose Cleaner I use religiously. You can buy this at a variety of stores including Target and Wal-Mart. Use it once and you will never go back to regular cleaning supplies! I PROMISE you! Happy cleaning and organizing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The twins love comments! And because you took the time to write, we try our best to respond to everyone's comments individually.