January 8, 2012

For the Love of "Greige"

Looking through magazines, blogs, and even stores; it seems like the color "greige" is definitely making its place in the world of design.  And I am so in love with it...

Source

By definition, greige is "not bleached or dyed; unfinished."  In fact, there is a beautiful design blog, "Greige" that posts amazing pictures and design ideas all incorporating the colors grey and beige.

This color is so versatile.  When used as the main color for a room, practically any color can be brought in for some extra pop.  Like this room below using a pop of olive green...

Source

Or this room using a pop of pink...

Source

On a recent trip to Target (Tarjay), I spotted the new Sabrina Soto collections.  One of her color schemes include greige with the home accents being at pretty reasonable prices.  Check out this chic vase from her collection...

Source

 Or these votive candles.  These could be an easy way to add greige to a room...

Source


So lovely!  Unfortunately, I haven't found much opportunity, myself, to incorporate greige into my apartment decor, except for some greige washcloths I purchased at Marshalls and my OPI You Don't Know Jacques nail color.  Being on a budget, I have to be careful and really consider what is worth splurging on, plus I have to consider if I have enough room for it in my apartment.  So, I guess my washcloths and nail polish shall hold me over for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The twins love comments! And because you took the time to write, we try our best to respond to everyone's comments individually.