March 8, 2012

We Got Tagged!

A game of tag is moving through blogland and we got tagged by Paisley Print Shoes, another sister blog, to answer some questions.  Be sure to check out Paisley Print Shoes!  My favorite part about their blog is their Making a Difference series, which helps to promote amazing products that go towards a variety of causes.

Okay, so here are the 11 questions I am asked to answer.  At the end of this post, I'll create my own 11 questions and tag some other bloggers.

1. What is your favorite meal?

My favorite meal is a big dish of sauteed veggies, like peppers, onions, mushrooms, cauliflower, and zucchini all cooked up with lots of spices, with my favorite being cayenne pepper.  My aunt made this dish when I was up visiting her during the time when I became interested in vegan food.  It's so easy to make and extremely healthy with the variety of vegetables and spices!
2. If you could only listen to three albums for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?

I am really not an album listener.  I just pick random songs I like and download them on my iPod shuffle.  But the three artists/bands that never disappoint me are Lifehouse, Sara Bareilles, and Train.  They all make perfect riding-in-the-car-with-the-windows-down-songs.

3. What is your favorite item in your closet?

My brown, vegan leather Matt & Nat handbag.  Matt & Nat is a company based in Montreal, Canada, that creates beautiful vegan and cruelty-free handbags and accessories.  The quality is unbelievable.  Plus, I know my money is being put to good use as they help spread the word of wearing cruelty-free fashion affordably and beautifully.  Check out a couple bags I am currently swooning over:

http://mattandnat.com/


http://mattandnat.com/

My sister and I went to JCP the other day and I got this adorable blouse that is perfect for spring and summer.  So, right now, this is my piece of clothing that is my favorite:



4. When is the last time you cried?

Hmmm... the last time I cried was probably watching a sappy love movie.  I think it was when I watched Love Actually.  That movie gets me every time, but in a good way!

5. What is your favorite tv show of all time?

Gilmore Girls, hands down.  My sister thinks it's funny that I love that show, but I can't help it!  I'm addicted to it.


6. What is your favorite movie? Now, what is the guilty pleasure movie that you could watch over and over again?

I don't think I have a favorite movie, but if I really had to pick, it would be Stepmom with Julia Roberts.  The story-line and actors are just perfect.  My guilty pleasure movie is anything that is a Christmas movie.  I love watching Christmas movies.  Not the cartoon ones, though.

7. What would your dream vacation destination be?

Ireland.  It seems like such a beautiful and historically rich place to visit and experience.


8. Describe your personality in three words.

Shy, Compassionate, Perfectionist

9. What is the one make-up item you absolutely have to have on your face every day?

Mascara.  I believe mascara without any other beauty product is the perfect way to brighten up any face.

10. Dream dinner party guest list! (Three people, living or dead.)

Melissa McCarthy, Ellen Degeneres, and Kathy Griffin.  Because laughing is the best way to live!

11. Why did you start blogging?

My sister and I started our blog, Double the Decor, because we have always loved anything related to home decor, organization, and cleaning.  Even when we were little buggers, we had extremely neat and clean rooms that were meticulously decorated.  Last year, we became aware of DIY blogs and have found so much inspiration from them that we decided it was time to share our own ideas of how to make a house or an apartment a home.  We had no idea how our blog would turn out or if people would even find us interesting, but it has ended up being an incredible experience that we both enjoy doing together.


All right, so here are the blogs I am tagging to answer some questions.  Be sure to check them out!  They're all so inspiring!

Pamela at Inspired by Felicity
Barb at Turtles and Tails 
Linsey at The Farmhouse Porch
Leslie at Pixiepine Blog
Emily and Jaime at Everyday Art

Here are my 11 questions:
1. What is in your purse right now?
2. What is the one room you dread to clean in your home?
3. Where do you draw your inspiration from in your home decor?
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
5. What are your go-to beauty products that you swear by?
6. What would you consider your dream job?
7. What is one blog you read regularly and why?
8. What are some things you do to treat yourself?
9. Who is your celebrity crush?
10. What is one store you go to and almost never come out empty handed?
11. What is your favorite blog post you have written and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The twins love comments! And because you took the time to write, we try our best to respond to everyone's comments individually.