April 6, 2012

Vegan Banana Bread Recipe

Madhuram's Eggless Cooking is an awesome blog dedicated to eggless recipes. I am not vegan and I had my doubts, but this Vegan Banana Bread Recipe is AMAZING! I got the stamp of approval from my sister Caroline and other family members. That to me is the best feeling of all, when you see a smile on someone's face as they are eating your creation and their nod of approval. Some vegan recipe's taste like they are vegan, however I can honestly say this one doesn't. So take out your measuring cups, spoons and bakeware and let's get baking!


Ingredients
  • 2 cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Allspice, ground
  • 1/2 cup Margarine, room temperature (I used Earth Balance, a soy free natural buttery spread)
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup White Sugar
  • 3 Bananas mashed
  • 1/4 cup Almond Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped (I left this ingredient out)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
  • Combine Almond Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar (set aside).
  • In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and Allspice.
  • In another bowl, combine the margarine and sugars. Add bananas, vanilla and milk-vinegar mixture.
  • Take your moist ingredients and add to the flour mixture. (If you want nuts in your mixture add them here)
  • Pour batter in loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes. (until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean)
  • Let cool for 15 minutes, transfer the bread onto a plate, let cool before slicing. (I find that banana bread is more moist and tastes better the next day)


Yummm!



Please check out more great recipes at Madhuram's Eggless Cooking blog. I am now a firm believer in eggless cooking and can't wait to try more of her yummy recipes!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to save this recipe! I'm not vegan either, but my step-brother and his family are and they never seem to eat anything I bring, no matter how hard I try to make something they can eat too. I want something that EVERYONE will eat & this seems to fill the need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bread looks delicious! Although I don't follow a Vegan diet, I have some siblings that do. I can't wait to share this recipe with them. I found you through the Frugal Girls' Chic and Crafty Party. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creative ideas and recipes!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm vegan, so thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dog clickers are the best choice for dog training instead of using your cue words

    ReplyDelete

The twins love comments! And because you took the time to write, we try our best to respond to everyone's comments individually.